Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Super Nanny!

    Starting in mid march, I accepted a job as a nanny for someone that I knew, so she could return to work after her maternity leave. It has truly been an experience! When I first started, she had a seven week old baby as well as a two year old. Now I have babysat before as I have three nieces and work in the children’s ministry at my church, but I have NEVER kept a newborn by myself.

    I cannot even begin to tell you how nervous I was. However, a few days before my official starting date, Stephannie, the mother of the girls called me to come over so she could show me where everything was and to practice getting comfortable with the girls. She answered my questions and then left the room for me to bond with Charlotte (the baby). Carly Dean, the two year old, seemed to like me and took me into her room to color and read her a book. Then we headed to the table and painted together. I loved them both from the start. I was very glad that I got to come to their house and practice before I actually started! It took a lot of worry away.

    I have been nannying for a little over two months now, and I absolutely LOVE it! Going into the job, I wasn't confident and questioned if I would be able to do it. I took the risk, trusted God, and boy has it paid off! Even though I don't have kids of my own, these precious girls mean a lot to me and I will love them forever! In a few short weeks, Stephannie will be out for the summer. I will no longer be needed for now, and I have accepted a job as a summer camp counselor at Camp Ocoee. Although I am sad, I know Stephannie is thrilled to be home with her girls! Even though I won't be nannying this summer, those girls will always have my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment