Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Miracles? Who believes in miracles?


The past two weeks, if anything, the Lord has taught me His power. I have witnessed many things in my lifetime but none like this. I am going to be telling you a story that I have been witnessing for the last two weeks. So here it goes.

   On September 11, 2012, I was hanging out with some buddies after rugby practice when one of my really good friends (who will remain anonymous) got a devastating phone call from her family. This phone call would change her life forever. I remember sitting in the back of my buddy’s car and feeling the most helpless I’ve ever felt before. This young college student’s mom uttered silently into the phone, "He's gone." She had just lost her little brother due to suicide. In fact, she had left to come back to school after he had promised to call her in the morning. That phone call wouldn't be happening the way she had thought. I felt her world crumble right before her eyes. My friend parked her car and came to sit in the back of the car with us as the sister wailed and broke into pieces. "I literally felt my heart break in two", she said recalling the event. "I don't know how long we sat there in all reality, but it felt so good to be in the company of friends while I was hurting," she replied. I, personally, haven't cried that hard since my dad passed away six years ago. I was so heartbroken over the situation, as were my friends. She spent most of the night with us and also spent a lot of time talking on the phone with her best friend. Like I said earlier, I have never felt so helpless and unprepared. My friends walked her back to her dorm very late that night and she went to sleep. The next morning, she woke up to three missed phone calls and two text messages saying that after he had been pronounced dead, thirty minutes later his heart started to beat again. No one knew how to explain how that was possible, but we were floored! He had been put on life support since his heart started beating. Two days went by before she received a phone call. This call wasn't from her family, but was from the doctors stating that her brother had been declared brain dead and her parent's had left the hospital. They asked her what they should do with him since there was zero brain activity (as in pull the plug or not) because she was the next contact person. She was very distraught over the situation and told the doctors she would need some time to think about her decision. She crumbled as soon as she hung up. We all agreed that she shouldn't have to make a huge choice like this and asked if she wanted us to pray for an answer. A few minutes later, the doctor called back, and my friend went out into the hallway. My other friend, Ashley followed her and listened as she basically told the doctors that they were not to flip the switch because she was confident that God was going to do a miracle. The doctors seemed to be very puzzled over her choice and tried to reason with her. During this phone conversation, our friend Ashley was present and the sister turned to her and said "God just told me that my brother is going to wake up in five minutes." She returned back to her phone conversation and asked if the doctor would hold the phone to her brother’s ear. She repeated to him that he was to wake up in five minutes and that she expected a phone call from him. "I remember just feeling so at peace and that I couldn't stop smiling," she said. Within five minutes, she was pacing the stairway. Then the phone rang. Instantly, she was speaking to her brother and began to collapse. Our friend, Tina, caught her. "He was alive and asking about how I was doing and acting like nothing had ever happened!" "All I could do is laugh as everyone else's jaw was dropped," she said. We immediately gathered in our friend’s dorm room and began to pray. The Spirit was definitely present. I have never seen someone so happy and heard someone laugh so much in my entire life. This girl was so filled with the Holy Spirit! 
All this to say, I know there is a God because I have witnessed Him first hand. I hope this gives someone hope because I know that it did for me. If you haven't experienced God first hand, I hope someday that you will be able to. 
May God bless you abundantly,
Godschild

No comments:

Post a Comment